jueves, 24 de septiembre de 2009

holiday

"Holiday" is always in singular. For example, "I’m on holiday this summer" but when you use the expression "during the holidays" is plural or Speak about children’s holidays for example "the summer holidays"

I last was on holiday I was at a village on the coast of Asturias near Galicia.
During the holidyas, I got up with the sun, fed the hens and the chicken, and helped the farmer to milk her cows… went for stroll at sunset...
It was marvellous to live to nature’s rhythm,
It wasn’t exactly that it was but …
It sounds better than the typical “ I got up and went to lie down at beach all day …”
Anyway, I want to practice the farm trade (gremio granjero) words I learnt today.

Now some tourist trade words I learnt today
the air-hostess asked us if we want anything to drink (azafata)
She was very tall and did look pretty
My rucksack is very big and weighs a lot, but I put it in on my back and forget it. (mochila)
I must go through customs because I came from out of Europe. (pasar por la aduana)
I must put a vaccinate because I go to jungle. (vacuna)
I must fill in the form before entry in the united states (rellenar el formulario)
I must prepare well my suitcases, I carry all my luggage by myself. (maletas, equipaje)
I slept all night in a train couchette so I'm very tired today (litera)
I don't want go for a slightseeing tourist, my feet are starting to ache (visita turistica)

No hay comentarios: