martes, 13 de octubre de 2009

paella recipe



Last weekend we arranged to meet some friends at the Llamón (Ana parent’s home in town)
Unfortunately it was raining on Saturday morning
And they decide not to come.
It was a pity
But…we also had lunch an dinner
So I did the same paella that I had thought at first.
And I’m going to tell you how I did the paella…
(To keep going on practice with my English, so please correct me if I'm wrong)

I asked Mary for garlic, onion, pepper and tomato source.
Then I got out to buy all the rest of the products I need for good meat paella.
A bag of mushrooms, half a rabbit, half a chicken, Half a kilo of pork (another day I translate it to pounds), a sausage packet
I also bought the rice of course, and a couple of white Galician wine, and bear for the cooker.
When I looked for a “paellera” (a large shallow pan with two handles), I found nothing in all the LLamón,
Then I realize I need something circular and big to cook the paella too.
So I got out (again) to get the kitchen stuffs.
I got it in a local store, a 40cm diameter ring, with connect tube to the butane gas cylinder.

Now, yes…I got it, unbelievable!

First the stock, so I put in a pan, one leek, onion, carrot and a bit of pumpkin, salted water with a bit of olive oil…I boil it for 20 minutes.
At the same time I prepare the outside kitchen stuff, and I put it below the stairs because it was probably raining again.


I lighted the ring and put on the pan with a bit of olive oil.
Then diced the vegetables, next I brown it.

After doing it I put the vegetables out and I began to fry the meat, first the sausage and pork

Rabbit and chicken the next


Finally I mix everything into the pan and added the tomato source and the stock.
I counted the stock mugs I put it because the race is in function of the stock.
When the stock was boiling I took the race in the pan. I put 4 mugs of rice and 9 mugs of stock

And I waited


This was the final result.



I'd like you to meet my kitchen assistant



More to follow...

3 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Ya daria yo algo por saber hacer una paella de esa categoria. Se que seria facil si uno pone interes en aprender el arte de cocinar u otras cosas, pero, con sinceridad, se pasa envidia cuando se ven estas cosas. Enhorabuena.
La ayudante de cocina, impresionante!!!!! ésta es una opinion del abuelo

Anónimo dijo...

fala n,asturianu!!

Anónimo dijo...

In English is perfect for me, but which is the reason of the change of language?
Regards
Flor (your sister- in- law)